We’ll start by looking at the layout of the program. The Scrapbook Boutique interface can be divided into five areas, as shown below.
1. Menus and Toolbars—Most application functions can be accessed through this area.
2. Photo Thumbnails—Drag photos from this panel onto the page canvas to add a photo to the page. Dragging a photo onto a photo box will place the photo in the box. Double-clicking a photo thumbnail will add it to the middle of the page.
3. Page Canvas—Page elements are displayed in this area. The Page Canvas is where you will create the album by adding backgrounds, photos, embellishments, images, and text.
4. Control Panel—This area gives you access to Scrapbook Boutique’s editing tools.
5. Page Thumbnails—The bottom area of Scrapbook Boutique displays thumbnails of your album pages and allows you to rearrange, add, and delete pages. Page changes will not be reflected in the thumbnail until you open another page or save the album.